Mobile Transactions & Commerce | Press Release
June 26th – 27th 2012, Strategy Institute Inc. is excited to present the inaugural Mobile Transactions & Commerce Summit at the Old Mill Inn & Spa, Toronto.
Mobile technology is transforming the customer journey, influencing the critical purchase decision process and creating a complex combination of consumer touch-points. "The importance of mobile as a channel cannot be discounted. With it starting to become tables stakes, merchants/retailers/QSRs will need to understand how to leverage this channel in order to stay competitive." Notes Nicolas Dinh, Director / Product Leader – Emerging Payments, MasterCard Worldwide.
Presenter Jonathan Stephen, Head of Mobile, JetBlue Airways believes that "any organization that does not have a mobile strategy is leaving money on the table and neglecting their customer... It’s always good to know what is coming around the curve and prepare your organization to leverage it if applicable".
As NFC technology and contactless mobile payments continue to blossom and gain momentum, retailers and quick service restaurants will need to source strategies and be prepared to meet evolving consumer needs, expectations and behaviors.
Hearing the first hand experiences of early adopters will allow attendees to explore the strategies, challenges and various models to successfully execute market driven mobile transactions in a retail environment.
As one of the first retail restaurants to participate in Google Wallet, Jamba Juice speaker Robert Notte, believes that "developing a mobile strategy is a must for any merchant in the retail and food service space. The benefits it offers merchants and consumers cannot be ignored – from speed of service, to shopping convenience, to driving traffic to your locations".
Speakers and case study presenters include:
- Demo Lymberopoulos, Executive Director of Operations, Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters
- Derek Colfer, Business Leader, Global Mobile Product Innovation, Visa
- Samantha Willems, Manager, Brand Marketing, Gap Inc.
- Scott Cheek, Retail Technology Manager, Sunoco Inc.
- Robert Notte, Chief Technology Officer, Jamba Juice Company
- Stefan Happ, SVP, General Manager of Online and Mobile North America, American Express
- Thomas Gregory, Head of Digital Payments – Europe, Barclaycard (London, UK)
- Rachel Pasqua, Executive Director Mobile, Organic
- Matt Johnson, Senior Product Manager - Emerging Platforms, Best Buy
- Melody Adhami, Co-founder, President and COO, Plastic Mobile
- Jonathan Stephen, Head of Mobile, JetBlue Airways
- Jeppe Dorff, Head of Transaction Services, Rogers Communications
- Nicolas Dinh, Director e-Commerce/Mobile, MasterCard Worldwide
For full conference details, please visit: http://mobilecommercesummit.ca/
Marketing Project Manager
Strategy Institute Inc | Toronto | New York
Direct: (416) 944-9200 ext 268 | Toll Free: (866) 298-9343 ext 268 | Fax: (416) 944-0403